Apr 13, 2007

"uh, i don't know"

this was the reply i recieved today at a well know country wide craft superstore...

me:
hi, do you have any prismacolor markers?

her:
our markers are in the kids art section.

me:
ok, do you have any prismacolor pencils? (thinking they would be together)

her: (getting annoyed)
they are in the kids art section or the art row.

me:
i couldn't find any in the art row. do you know if you have that brand?

her: (clearly annoyed)
i don't know what brand we have....(blank stare)

me:
uh, ok. what are in the kids art section?

her: (angry)
i don't know. you'll have to go look.

me:
gee, thanks for your help.

her:
*grunt*

i was so bugged. clearly my 4 simple questions were not nearly as important as her busy job of marking a few scrapbook items on clearance. i found some other guy (yes guy), who had already asked if i needed help twice (at the time i didn't) my original question and he said, "you know, we have a few markers in the art section but they are sharpies. there are some pencils in the kids art section but they are crayola and rose art. we don't carry prismacolors."

THANK YOU!!!

but now i'm sad slash glad because i couldn't find them but didn't spend any moola on them. of course, didn't stop me from buying miss happy pants' clearance merchandise!!!

2 peeps have to say:

Julie Prichard said...

It is your civic duty to report to us in which establishment the aforementioned conversation took place.

shuggy said...

i gave you a big hint in the title....