Apr 14, 2007

UHU Twist & Glue review...


Here is my review of UHU’s Twist & Glue. Who doesn’t love free product!! You too, can review a product from UHU by visiting Maria's UHU Blog. I’m one of those crafters that is loyal to one product when it comes to my everyday use adhesive. I’m skeptical about trying new things. I like something, I stick with it. I think that’s why it took me so long to figure out what to do with the Twist & Glue adhesive. So today, I had to make some place holders for my niece’s 16th birthday party tomorrow. I decided to step out of my box and try something new. Here is the finished product.


A friend once told me, as I was complaining about regular old glue sticks not sticking enough, to try and run a brayer over the project and it will help spread the glue and adhere it better. So that’s what I did with these. I wasn’t thrilled with the way the Twist-n-Glue stuck to the paper, but once I used the old brayer trick, I was thrilled. I liked the ease of the Twist & Glue’s application. Need a little? Twist. Need more? A little bigger twist of the cap and viola! More glue! Another bonus was that it smells really good! Oh, I forgot to mention you should use it in a well ventilated area.


I was also worried about the fact that it is liquid and if it would make the paper soggy. Well, we always learn life’s little lessons by trial and error. So I must say the same about the Twist & Glue. When I left the cards unstacked, they dried super. When I stacked them before they were dry completely, they mushed a little. After I unstacked them, ran the brayer over them again, they were good as new. So I will continue to use the UHU Twist & Glue a little more before I go back to the old stand my!! You can find more information about UHU Twist & Glue here on their website.


Happy crafting!

1 peeps have to say:

Mary said...

wow! You are good. Thanks for all the hard work. Madi will be thrilled.
Love ya,
Mom