Jul 14, 2007

saturday night shuggy snacks {7-14}

since last week's version of snss was so fun, i thought i would continue it.

tell me what your favorite drama of all time is and why.

i'll draw a random entry from the comments and you will win a little prize.

as always, here is the fine print: please post a comment with your entry and include an email (or email me your email) link or link to your website where i can email you if you are the winner. if you don't leave a way to contact you, your entry will be tossed. i will pick a winner from the comments on sunday, july 15, around 12pm mst.

36 peeps have to say:

Anonymous said...

That is a tough question, since there are so many I love. Can I list 3? If I had to say one, I would have to say Shakespeare in Love. I'm a sucker for romance, theater and tears and this movie has all three. (Man on Fire with Denzel and Dakota is a close second, though) Thanks for the chance to play, Ang!!
Jami
balletnurse@hotmail.com

Donna Baker said...

wow - this is a TOUGH one, I went to my blogger profile, because I listed ALL my favorite movies there (check it out if you want). I have to say "Life as a House" (description taken from Netflix) Faced with a diagnosis of terminal cancer, George (Kevin Kline) decides to construct a beautiful new house on his land overlooking the Pacific ocean, while at the same time trying to connect with his estranged son (Hayden Christensen). Kristin Scott Thomas and Mary Steenburgen co-star in a dramedy that speaks eloquent volumes about the fragility -- and resilience -- of the human condition. It made me cry & had a lot of wonderful sentiments

Julie Prichard said...

ok...I'll try this one! Since Seabiscuit is a documentary (I looked it up on imdb LOL) I'll go with the movie "Traffic". I think Steven Soderbergh is a genius, the film was shot in my home town and I LOVE the cinimatography..I only own about 6 DVD's and this is my most watched. I love KZJ in this movie....I just think it is so real!

Anonymous said...

Hey...glad to see you're back online!

This question is an easy one...
anything with Kevin Spacey.

My favorite would have to be The Usual Suspects.

Keyser Soze

Brilliant!!!

SmilynStef said...

Let's see ... living in Iowa and loving baseball, I have to say Field of Dreams ... some others include Searching for Bobby Fischer, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ... better stop, or I'll go on for pages :^)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

My husband suggested that my all time favorite "drama" is life and I said that it had to be a movie and then he replied, "Why put limits on my creativity?". I agree. Life is my favorite drama. It can't get more real than that.
Smiles,
NG.

Paula said...

Hmmm...myfavorite drama, I'm watching it now. CASABLANCA!

Anonymous said...

Gone With The Wind: it's big, grand with an excellent cast. I will never forget the first time I saw it on the big screen.
Thanks for the blog candy offer!
kathleenj350@comcast.net

Angel said...

Legends of the Fall with Brad Pitt stands out as one of my all time favorite movies. I also like Dances with Wolves. Thinking of these movies makes me want to watch them with my movie-loving teen who has never seen either one!!!

Cheryl KVD said...

My favorite is Roots.
Cheryl KVD

Cathy M said...

I just love Saturday Night Shuggy Snacks. I'm going to say Field of Dreams. The reason is FAITH! That's for another chance at your yummy sweet snack.
cmeyers@hughes.net

Cindy Vernon said...

I love Pride and Prejudice for two words - Colin Firth! I really love the story, the drama, the romance and the happily ever after.

Anonymous said...

the best drama is the notebook! by far!
emily
emilymaeanderson@hotmail.com

Tami Bayer said...

Well, I'd have to say Gone With the Wind. I can't even count how many times I've seen it. Gotta love the classics.
You can find me on my blog, the shack or 3bayers@charter.net

Unknown said...

I woud have to say Pride and Prejudice.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say General's Daughter.

Tami Grandi said...

well, after thinking about it I would say either Freedom Writers or Remember the Titans. Both of them great movies! You can reach me at my blog: The Journey of Life- http://journeyoflifetamijo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So many to choose from, but the first that came to mind is To Kill a Mockingbird. Second was The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (a very early Alan Arkin film about 2 deaf guys -- it's wonderful!!). You can reach me at t000le000@verizon.net. Thanks for letting me play along.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's a tough one - I do love Gone With the Wind. I also like Madame X (a pretty old one) - it's hard to pick just one!

shoney58@gmail.com

Linzy said...

I would say, "The Cure" is one of my all time favs...
Linzy
Linzy21@gmail.com

Peggy Maier said...

My favorite is CASABLANCA with Humphrey Bogart. That's got to be the best film of all time! (in my opinion anyway)

Anonymous said...

Six Million Dollar Man...was a "drama" tv series that I loved when I was a kid. I even made the k-k-k-k-k- sounds of him running and the boop-boop-boop-boop sound of his bionic eye!!!

Heather Grow said...

I LOVE the new Pride and Prejudice Movie. I think the music has a lot to do with why I love it. And, Mr. Darcy is pretty cute too.

Melissia said...

Oh this is a tough one, there are so many.

I would have to say Steal Magnolias is my all time fav drama and for many reasons. One, I am a sucker for a tear jerker and no matter how many times I watch this movie, I am a basket case at the end. It also has several of my all time favorite actors/actresses in it. I never get tired of watching this movie.

-Melissia

Anonymous said...

I have to say Sweet November. This one makes me cry at the end every time. It is just heart breaking. I know it is not one of the most popular movies but it really gets me every time is see it.

Anonymous said...

oops forgot my email address sekrusty@sbcglobal.net

SORRY!

Anonymous said...

My fav Drama would be Anne Of Green Gables! loved it growing up lol

Anonymous said...

The Notebook!! When she's torn trying to decide with whom to stay. The way she cries just makes me feel her intensity!!! Love that movie entirely!!

my email is:
myrnabs@prodigy.net

Jan Scholl said...

Chariots of Fire. There is such a wonderful message about acceptance and believing in yourself in this movie. I cry everytime I see the opening and was lucking enough to see this wide screen in the theatre. The soundtrack is also one of my favorites.

Suzy said...

This is soooo easy - Terms of Endearment. I want to cry thinking about it.

Amber said...

My favorite drama of all time is A Walk To Remember!! Thank you so much for the Shuggy Snacks =) Hope you're having a great weekend!

vanillaglitter@gmail.com

doverdi said...

I love Saturday Night Shuggy Snacks! My favorite all time drama would have to be First Knight. I love Richard Gere & Sean Connery in this movie. It has action, romance & even a tear jerker. I'm such a sucker for tear jerkers. Although I hate it when your crying so hard that you miss most of the movie. lol
Thanks again for another fun contest.

Unknown said...

My favorite movie dramas are the series out written by Janette Oke...Love Comes Softly, etc...they are good and wholesome and I don't have to be concerned with the content with my kids. My email is ejones@valornet.com Thanks for the chance.

Kristina Lewis said...

I was going to say Steal Magnolias, but since someone already said that I'll say Sense and Sensibility. Great question! And hello Shuggy!

Little One said...

My most favorite drama (well, I am not sure if it is a drama or not, but oh well...here it is) is Eight Seconds-the life of Lane Frost, BEST BULLRIDER EVER!!! Anyway, Luke Perry from 90210 was playing Lane Frost so that was a plus. I also am a bullrider at heart (no more of that stuff since I am a mother and an adult now, just when I was a stupid teen...)

Janeen

shuggy said...

congrats to tami (http://journeyoflifetamijo.blogspot.com/)!!