Sep 27, 2007

the funniest country song...

so people who know me well, or even not very well, know that i can't stand country music. i hate it. it's torture for me to listen to. the reason i'm telling you this is because i think i heard the funniest country song in my life this morning. i carpool with a few different people to work. it's so nice not having to drive to work every day, and being able to take a cat nap on the way to work. that's what i was doing this morning. it was heather's turn to drive. seeing as how i am definitely not a morning person (apparently you can't talk to me before 10am, right sherri??) and tisha isn't really much of an early morning chatter either, heather stated she was going to turn her country music up for the ride if we weren't going to converse. fine with me...i wanted to snooze anyway. that is, until i heard this song come on the radio. it cracked me up!! it has to be the funniest country song i've ever heard!! i had to share it...needless to say, i didn't get much of a nap!!

click here to listen...

7 peeps have to say:

Heather Grow said...

OMG Angie. That song is hilarious. The video is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri Thacker said...

That is a great song Angie. What are you talking about? If you think that's funny, you need to listen to Brad Praisley's Ticks song. LOL I do know (from experience!!) NOT to talk to you before 10 am. Found that out. LOL Sherri

Anonymous said...

What a funny video...love the cast :)

I used to feel the same way as you about country music, until I moved to TX and learned country/western dancing. That put it in a whole new light...how fun!

Rebecca said...

The song and video are so funny. I've already shared it with all my friends. I once compiled a multi-page list of funny country songs. Haven't seen it for awhile, but may have to go digging. Vince Gill (under his group name The Notorious Cherry Bombs) has a song that's really funny: "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night that Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long." Who says country music lacks meaning???

Lesa said...

TFS - funny song. I also remember Joanie calling you about 8ishAM the first morning you were at MOA....you didn't give the impression you were a morning person! LOL We love ya anyway!

Anonymous said...

G'day Angie
I am cracking up at the video- and who better than "George Costanza" to play the lead role!
I don't mind country music. Have you listened to some of our aussie country music stars- Kasey Chambers, or Lee Kernigan?
sarah

Julie said...

OMG! That song & video is way too funny! You know it almost starts to grow on ya!

I am not a real big Country Fan myself, but there are some exceptions!

Julie