Feb 11, 2008

the slice...

ok, so crafting trends, fads and gizmos come and go. every year we see so many cool products and we all have to have them or we simply can not craft without them. i mean the world will stop if we don't get one. i usually can avoid some of this must haves. i didn't avoid the bind it all...i got one and i think i've used it 3 time. i did avoid the cricut. it does cool stuff, but not really worth it to me. but i think i've found something i am going to have to have!

it's the new slice from making memories. this is what it looks like:

(photo from making memories)


from the mm blog:

"Making Memories' new patent-pending Slice is a portable digital cutting machine that measures less than five inches square and weighs less than two pounds. Its iPod-simple interface and easy to read graphics window enables users to select from thousands of high-style images and instantly convert them into die-cuts ranging between ½" and 4" tall. The robin's-egg blue Slice, now available through Making Memories (MSRP: $149.99) comes with an exclusive design card loaded with numerous upper and lower case alphabet fonts, plus loads of shapes that can be cut into vellum, textured cardstock, and other media of any size. The battery operated device is further packaged with AC/DC adapter, a 6" x 6" glass cutting mat, five cutting blades and a light repositionable adhesive that secures paper to the mat, enabling users to create crisp, clean cuts every time."



i know i am going to have to have one of these...watch a demo here.

5 peeps have to say:

Bitch of The West said...

holy crap! another machine to add to my collection! thanks for sharing - I can't wait to get my hands on these, now....

On another note...You have been awarded with a Bitch Badge! Pass it on to others that you KNOW are dying to bitch!

Come to our website to get the button and link to the site.

Stampin' Meg said...

Sounds pretty kewl- can't wait to see it in person in action.

Sherri Thacker said...

Ok I may have to break down for one of these too. It is so small and I love small :). I never did buy the cricut so I do think you & I should cave and get this. Make sure you tell me when you do so i can buy mine at the same time :). Love it!! Sherri

Lesa said...

Looks cute. Thanx for sharing and the demo link. You are so cool Angie! Tell your cute mom I said "Hello!"

Renee Zieglmeier said...

This is so not in the budget, but it looks cool! I hope my lss gets it and I can use it when i go to crops. Thanks for the links/video.