Sep 30, 2008
stamps: odd bird planet, uptown rubber stamps
cardstock: close to cocoa, basic gray
ink: close to cocoa
other: bic mark it markers
Sep 29, 2008
stamps: stamping bella
cardstock: riding hood red, pink pirouette
ink: riding hood red
embellishments: silver stickles, silver embossing powder
another swap atc. i have about 15 swaps due in the next three weeks, i swear!! okay, maybe not that many, but it feels like it!! this is for awna (who recently had a ton of work published, congrats!) is hosting that is all about bling. i had a really hard time coming up with an idea for this atc, so this is what i came up with. i embossed the dress in silver, then added glitter to each flower and the buttons to give it more bling. i hope it's bling-y enough!!!
stamps: studio g
cardstock: pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, su designer paper
ink: tangerine tango
embellishments: liquid applique
Sep 28, 2008
Sep 27, 2008
Sep 21, 2008
lesa (she has two...i love them both and this one is a fantastic cause!)
and so many others that i haven't mentioned!!
here are the instructions for award recipients:
- pick 7 of your favorite blogs.
- winners can put the logo on their blog
- link the person who gave your award to your blog.
- name the 7 that you are giving the award to with their links.
- leave a message on their blogs so that they know they've won!
some random observations/rants from my trip:
- airport bathrooms…when 150 people just got off a plane and they all need to use the facilities, don’t stand in front of the only 4 sinks to put on your freaking lipstick! there are 10 other mirrors NOT in front of a sink. use one of those.
- when you are using the facilities (and i mean in the stall here...) don't talk on your freaking cell phone. it's disgusting. i'm sure the people you are calling could wait 5 minutes until you aren't doing your business. trust me, they will appreciate it.
- if you are in the last row on the plane, don’t bolt up as soon as we pull up to the jetway. SIT YOUR ASS DOWN! you are going to have to wait your turn like everyone else. if you wanted to get off the plane first, sit on the first row.
- carry ons. do people still not get the fact that if your bag can hold a small child, IT’S TOO BIG???
- and what’s that rule about one appropriate sized carry on and a personal item? you mean the medium sized piece of luggage that will hold two people, your backpack that is stuffed beyond the max AND your oversized laptop bag is too much? YES! other people need room in the undersized overhead compartment, you jerk!
- the las vegas airport is disgusting. enough said.
well, back to life as we know it...today is football day for kerry and craft day for me, since i'm done with school until january. i have a bunch of swaps to get done.
have a great sunday!!
Sep 16, 2008
tonight we are going to see penn & teller. it should be interesting and funny.
and just a random thing, does anyone else think that the guy from fox news, shepard smith, needs to stay away from the plastic surgeon? he looks totally fake!! can you tell there isn't much on hotel tv???
Sep 12, 2008
Sep 9, 2008
kerry took me out to dinner tonight to one of my favorite places, market street grill, that we rarely go to because it's quite pricey. it was such treat and so good!! then we went to roberts to get my present, some organizer cubes, and they were all out. i couldn't believe it. i have never seen them out of the item i was looking for!! i even went to joanns, who i found out, stopped selling it about 6 months ago! argh!! so no present for me today. but i'm going to see if i can get him to order some things from my stampin up wish list to make up for it!!
now i'm trying to work on an atc swap (instead of homework!) but my heat tool just died! argh!!! it's not a good craft birthday!! oh well.
Sep 7, 2008
hope for hooters
stamps: odd bird planet
cardtock: pink passion, pink pirouette
ink: pink passion
other: bic markers
sounds that ringout out from downstairs:
"FIRST DOWN! YES!"
"GO, GO, GO!!!"
yep, fall is in the air.
sunday football is back!
Sep 4, 2008
**please note: i have no idea why there are a few letters missing causing misspelled words on the credits title in the video...it's a bug or something...***