Jun 25, 2010

angels...

it saddens my heart to post this today. my sweet sweet grandma passed away yesterday afternoon. although we knew it was coming, it just doesn't make it any easier. i'm just relieved that she is not suffering anymore. and as my heart is heavy, i went to my craft room for a little thearpy. i've had an idea for this stamp and sentiment for a card for a friend of mine, but i found tonight that i ended up making a card for myself. there is a wonderful, amazing, beautiful new angel among angels in heaven. my sweet grandma. so my friends with flair card is in honor of her.

angels
stamps: unity
cardstock: kraft, pink pirouette, purely pomegranate
ink: purely pomegranate, rose red, pink pirouette
embellishments: felt, sparkle shimmer spritz
tools: die-namics cloud


to see the rest of the fwf projects today, visit the unity blog.

27 peeps have to say:

Tracy said...

Very pretty - It is nice to see that through your crafting your G-ma can stay close to you! Perfect card to honor her with. Good thoughts to you at your tough time. TFS!

Tanya said...

So sorry for your loss!! What a beautiful card!

jo said...

A lovely card for your Grandma Angie. So sorry for your loss x

Maria said...

Oh I am so very sorry for your loss! Your card is beautiful though! Hang in there all teh best to you!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Love the clouds.

Diane said...

I so sorry about your Grandma! The card is beautiful.

Suzi said...

Love the card! Hugs to you!!! If you need me, let me know!!!

Kate said...

So sorry to hear of your loss :(
I love your angel card .
Kate xx

JenMarie said...

So very sweet...{HUGS}

Anne Tussing said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Your card is a beautiful way to keep her close at a tough time.

Cheri said...

Lovely card! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the soft colors!

Robin said...

Beautiful card, beautiful thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I still miss my grandma lots and she died over ten years ago.

My heart and prayers are with you and your family today. Love you.

Bonita Rose said...

so sorry for your loss.. hugs.. your card is lovely.. xo

Heather said...

SOOOOOO gorgeous! Love the clouds and the use of the angel stamp! Just fab!

Jessy said...

What a beautiful card and heartfelt story. Im so sorry for your loss, its never easy, whether you know its coming or not. Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!

Lori said...

What a lovely way to honor your grandma's memory!

Unknown said...

Angie, sending my condolences to you and your family. I love how your sweet grandma inspired this card...celebrate her life! {{hugs}}

Carolina said...

I'm so sorry to read about your loss and what a sweet tribute to her...beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
What a wonderful thing to do to find comfort in your loss!
HUGS
Joanie

Lesa said...

Sorry for your loss Ang. {hugs} This is a beautiful card.

Jennifer E. said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Hugs and prayers for you. I love the card you made. So pretty and heart felt!

eryn hannig said...

oh i am so sorry!! BIG BIG HUGS to you!! ...this card is just gorgeous!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing! Your card is beautiful!

Hugs!

Emily

Mary Friederichsen said...

Beautiful card!
I am so sorry about your Grandma.
I will say a prayer for you to find comfort and Our Lord's Peace.
And I am sure that your Grandma is an Angel that will continue to watch over you.
I believe in Angels to!

Kristi W. said...

Hey Angie -
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. If she was anything like you and your wonderful mom, she was an amazing lady!
This card is absolutely great and an awesome way to honor your grandma! She definately is one of those angels up in heaven watching over her angels down here!
Take care and hopefully I will see you again in November??
Hugs to you and your mom!
-Kristi

Mary said...

I think you are my angel here on earth. I love you Angie and I love that you thought of this card for Grandma. Thank you.