Sep 3, 2010

tgif...

it's friday!!  sometimes friday doesn't necessarily mean it's the weekend for me, since i work in a 24/7 environment!  so today, friday really means wednesday, kind of...since i work today and tomorrow.  but what friday does mean is friends with flair time!!  love that!!  no matter if i'm working or not!  i made a card that i fall in a little more in love with every time i look at it.  funny, because it's really a simple card, but i think it's so cute!  apparently, a little magazine did not think it was cute enough for them.  maybe not paper pieced enough? to simple?  whatever.  i'm over it.  and the bonus is you all get to see it now!  i love these little trees and i love the saying.  thank you unity!!


nature
stamps: unity
cardstock: crumb cake, fancy pants pp
ink: early espresso, versamark
embellishments: hemp string

so for those of you starting your weekend in a few hours, enjoy. and don't forget to click below to start at the beginning of the fwf hop!

24 peeps have to say:

Suzi said...

I love this card. That little magazine doesn't know what it's missing!! BTW, LOVE your new blog look. TOO CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

Angie, thanks for letting us enjoy this lovely card! I love how you used those diamonds on the bottom, and those trees are just tooo cute paper pieced...love it! Have a fabby 'work day'! *smile*

Rachel B said...

I love the paper pieced trees! very beautiful!

Lisa said...

Adorable! I love your paper piecing!

Elisabeth said...

What a darling card, just love it!

Unknown said...

ahhh how cute!
great card.

Jennifer Roach said...

Very cute!!

Robin said...

More trees and twine? You're so good to me.

It's beautiful. And you are amazing.

My daughter and her friend were just talking about having a Labyrinth party. Then I came here. And I remembered.

Do you remember that summer that we must have watched that movie ten times?

Those were good times. And remember, it's against the rules to throw other people's heads.

Regina said...

Sorry that the mag didn't appreciate your work - but I love it. Love the simplicity, the paper piecing (just did my first round of that), and the twine.

blah said...

This is super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

That so cute I love your layout!

Brenda McGregor said...

I love how you placed the trees in the diamonds!

Anne Tussing said...

Love it! I would have put it in my magazine:)....if I had one.

JenMarie said...

This is FABulous!

Scrapcollectr said...

Very cute! I love how u grounded the trees with the diamond border. TFS
=D

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE that you used that diamond stamp as the bottom of the trees! CASEing that for sure:) AWESOME!!

Lori said...

Great design! Love the paper pieced trees.

Maria said...

Fabulous! Love those trees and the simplicity of the card, perfect!

Laurel said...

Cute card!

Lisa H. said...

love those trees, you made them up beautifully.

Chelsea said...

I love it! have a great holiday weekend!

FibreJunky said...

Love those pretty little trees!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is a sweet card love it!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is sooo pretty! Love those three trees with the colors and perfect that you kept the rest simple, this way it's such a wonderful card!!

Hugs, Wendy