Apr 6, 2012

dared to dream...*giu day 5*

wow *giu day 5* is here so fast!!  what a week this has been!!  thank you for coming to visit each day and checking out all my projects as *growing in unity* girl!   and thank to unity for the opportunity!  and don't forget that it is friends with flair today!!   be sure to check out the unity blog for the awesome projects.

today's project is another 4x4 canvas.  i think that this sums up what i've been doing lately. daring to dream.  working outside of my comfort zone and trying new things.  i never would have guessed in a million years that i would a) create a canvas like this and b) like this girly girl stamp!!!  but i do.  love them both!!  i used a few unity sets on this canvas.  all  lovelies from christy tomlinson:  reversed punchinella,  she leaped and she art print texture.


dared to dream
 stamps:  unity, christy tomlinson
ink:  jet black
embellishments:  paper flowers, glimmer spray, rhinestones, muslin
other:  canvas, acrylic paint, gesso, watercolor crayons

thanks for your comments all week.  i'll be picking the winner of the free stamps from all the comments and announcing it on monday so be sure to come back and see if it is you!  

30 peeps have to say:

Dee in N.H. said...

That's a great piece! I love it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great project! TFS!

Kary said...

WOW, Angie, you saved the best for last!! This canvas is Beautiful!! I love the colours, the stamping and the flowers. Just gorgeous!! Great job being the GIU girl this week! Have a lovely weekend!

Jen M said...

This is soooo pretty! Those colors are gorgeous!

NoraAnne said...

So beautiful Angie! I've been wanting to try out this kind of canvas art, but I'm nervous...lol! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Crystal said...

Beautiful canvas, I just love the colors and those great flowers!

Unknown said...

very cool canvas!

jennifer mitten said...

This is just gorgeous! I tried my hand at my first canvas last week and can'twait to unveil it!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful!!! I would love to try one of these sometime!!! This one is AMAZING!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Linda SS said...

How nice. Thanks for all the inspiration this week.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great work! Love that cluster of flowers!

Jessica Buffa said...

Don't underestimate the power of your inner artist. This is phenomenal. CT is one of my all time faves at Unity!
Happy to hop over from FWF!
:O)
Jessica

Ruby said...

Your canvas is beautiful. Love the colours stamps and the flowers. Just stunning.

Jessica Buffa said...

Happy GIU week, too!!!
:O)
Jessica S

Linda said...

your card very nice and great colors and pretty flowers.

Eva said...

Awesome project!

Unknown said...

She may have dared to dream, but you're an Awww-tist!

Stunning.

JPScraps said...

Fantastic canvas!! I love the stamps.

sharon g said...

Very cool. I'm going to be getting into Mixed Media-I took a class at the CHA and got inspired.

B. Poteraj said...

I really like the bright colors you chose. They balance each other out, yet compliment each other.

Julie Odil said...

I'm hoping to try a canvas tomorrow. And, I'm with you -- I never would have thought I'd be doing something like this!

Denise Bryant said...

Very fun project! I want to try a canvas but haven't yet!
DeniseB

Nana Nassar said...

Lovely...my fave!!

Karenladd said...

LOVE this!! So fun and unique...and I love the colors!

Cheri said...

You sure are rockin' the canvases lately - beautiful!

Roslyn said...

Beautiful canvas! Love the She art!

SHartl said...

Wow, so pretty! Love the She Art projects!

Michele Lourenco said...

Great artwork!!

jengd said...

Lovely canvas! Wonderful style and colors!

Gwen said...

Love your canvas, the stamps are so great and your use of them is perfect!