Sep 9, 2012

create...

another new art journal project has started.  this one is an 8.5 x 11 canvas journal. tracy got a bug in her ear to make some canvas journals.  so now the monday night crew is following along for the month of september creating our own journals. of course, i went in a completely different direction, since i'm not really the big flowery type.


create
material:  canvas, kraft cardstock
paint: gesso, acrylic
stamps:  susan weckesser/unity
other: glimmer mist, pen

i found an arrow template from crafter's workshop, but didn't get one ordered in time.  so i created my own using my silouhette.  as i was taking out some of the arrows, i loved how some didn't come off, so i left it that way.  the back cover was my "experiement" with the stencil.  it worked much better on the front cover.




i loved the leftover arrows, so i mixed some gloss multi-medium with some pink paint and painted them.  made them a little glossy.  then i thought it needed a little something more, so i outlined a few of the arrows randomly.  can't wait to get the inside pages done each week!!


i found some canvas the other day at the store.  i was going to try and make another journal.  now i'm super excited because my husband got me an awesome present for my birthday, a sewing machine.  whenever we have a gift giving occasion, we either tell the other what to get or just get our present our selves, then pretend the other got it for us. we aren't very good at surprises.  but he got this present all on his own  it was a complete surprise.  and i love it!!  so now i can make my own journal without borrowing my mom's sewing machine!  and i can try some sewing on cards that i think is so cute!!

2 peeps have to say:

Maureen Hayes said...

This turned out beautifully! I haven't even watched last weeks video yet and it is already Monday! I am still fighting this fever and illness. Anyway, I love what you did with your cover and especially that you made it your own.

I think it is super sweet that your hubby thought to buy you the sewing machine, what a nice guy. So many men wouldn't have thought about what you would really like and would use. Enjoy it!

Suzi said...

WOW!!!! Even tho I know the depths of your awesomeness, this just BLEW ME AWAY!!!! What a fantastic way to change the entire cover but make it the same!!!! I LOVE it!!! YOU ROCK!!!

haven't even GESSOED mine yet. Maybe sometime today??