May 19, 2013

beautiful...

i haven't spent any time playing with mixed media for a while.  over a month, in fact.  and it's made me sad.  but i knew i had a few projects to finish so last night after work, i made time to play.  and it was so good for my soul.

this project started out as entry for tracy's march creative dare.  i created it on my crafty trip in april, but didn't have the right sentiment with me to use.  so when i got home, it kind of got forgotten.  last night i was sorting through some stamps and the "beautiful" spoke to me.  so here is how it ended up.  we were supposed to use buttons and lyrics to our favorite song.  well, i got it half right.  i couldn't figure out what lyrics would fit, so i just added the words "be yourself."


beautiful
stamps: donna downey
ink: jet black
embellishments:  buttons
other:  acrylic paint, , gelatos, gesso, bubble wrap, charcoal pencil

4 peeps have to say:

Sandy said...

The blues are just so pretty and think you chose the perfect wording.. Great use of buttons that orange is just lovely.
Sandy :) from MMM

Laurianna said...

Love the colors- so bright.. and the words are perfect!!!

La-

An'Jenic G. said...

This is so pretty, I love the buttons add. TFS AJ-

SandeeNC said...

I love this Angie, it's so vibrant, and the buttons are just perfect! Great job!